This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Running external EXE with elevated priviledges

1 reply to this topic

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:07

I use LaunchAppAndWait to self-register a number of COM dll's in my setup. Installshield Developer was not able to correctly extract the COM information, so I had to use self-registration.

Now I am trying to make the installer obey the rules for an installation with elevated rights. I can make the installer add HKLM keys if I insert them using components, but I have not been able to insert registry values using a custom action that manually calls regsvr32.exe. I assume this means that this "lauch executable" action will cause the insertion of registry entries in HKLM to fail because the external EXE does not run with elevated rights?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 20:26

For the record (my last post here seemed to disappear): when using the ISSelfRegister feature instead of LaunchAppAndWait to invoke regsvr32.exe manually, I still get the same result: registration fails. I assume this means that the ISSelfRegister feature calls regsvr32.exe "under the hood". This problem has taken on a more "general nature", and I posted a new thread here: http://forum.install...?showtopic=8992
Regards
-Stein Åsmul