This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1606: Could not access network location 0

2 replies to this topic

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 15:06

Hi forum,

while performing an application search on the target machine, the following error appears:

Error 1606: Couldnot access network location 0

We reviewed the logfile but weren't able to find an error explaining this 1606.

Is there a common reason for this behaviour or could anybody give me some advice where to look for the error?

The next point is, that on my development machine a different error occurs: 2834 (on all other computers just the 1606, I guess)

Is there any junction or relationship between these two errors known?

I'm digging totally in the dark unsure.gif

Thanks for reading,

Torben

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 16:54

They're not related. 2834 indicates a problem in a dialog. I guess the other machine would also display 2834 once it gets over the 1606.

Did you take precaution for the case where your AppSearch finds nothing? Or do you set a diretory to an empty string in this case?

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 08:27

Hello Stefan,

thanks for replying.

They're not related. 2834 indicates a problem in a dialog. I guess the other machine would also display 2834 once it gets over the 1606.

Yes, this is true.

Did you take precaution for the case where your AppSearch finds nothing? Or do you set a diretory to an empty string in this case?

The AppSearch is used for filling some Path-Variables. The default value of these variables is '0'. So you're right, there has to be one or more logical problems with my msi, because some dialogs refer in their conditions to the mentioned paths, so if 1606 occurs, 2834 must follow.

But now I now where to look, thank you.

Torben

[EDIT]

The problem is solved. The clue was how to handle path variables when they can't be filled from the registry due to any case. Now we'll check the registry first.
Thanks a lot!

Edited by Torben, 28 August 2003 - 11:18.