This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

dll file does not get copied to the req. dir

1 reply to this topic

danham

danham
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 07:52

Hi all,

My VB 6 program uses CR 8. It uses ADO to connect to the DB. Initially when I tried to run my setup on a new comp, I got an error saying, "Physical Database not found". I'm sure there are many people who face this problem. Anyways, just to let u all know that if u do face this problem, make sure the comp has the file called p2smon.dll file in the windows\system dir.

However my prob is that, the p2smon.dll file does not get copied to the required destination with my setup. This file also does not self register. Can anybody help? By the way I have created a new folder list in my setup with the destination as Windows System folder with an overwrite in all situation option. I am using IS 6.1

Thanks in advance

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 08:33

Hi danham,

In case you put p2smon.dll into a new file group: make sure it belongs to a component (pane "components", your file group has to be listed in "Included File Groups").

Eberhard