This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Commnad line to Create a self-extracting package

5 replies to this topic

wenju_wang

wenju_wang
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 14:48

Hi,

what is the Commnad line to Create a self-extracting package in IS 6.3 after i have built a CD image?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 16:22

You could use PackageForTheWeb (free from InstallShield) for this purpose. The PFTW command line paramters are documented in the help file.

wenju_wang

wenju_wang
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 20:54

The PFTW executable is pftwwiz.exe in the folder ..../pftw, right? After I launched this program, then I pushed the button "Help", it didn't display any help information.

I still need your help for this? if possible, could you copy the command line parameters here?

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 21:02

In this case your PFTW installation appears to be incomplete. You may want to download and install it again.

What command line parameter (for what purpose, buld-time or run-time) are you looking for?

wenju_wang

wenju_wang
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 14:52

After I downloaded the PFTW 4.0, I can find all the help information.

Thanks.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 03:01

Yeah, the PFTW which comes included with IS Pro is old(er) and incomplete, so makes sense that the v4.0 download filled your needs. Glad to hear you got it working though.
user posted image