This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE uninstall woes

1 reply to this topic

fish

fish
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 10:36

Hi,
I have a really weird problem with MSDE.  I'm using WFWI 4.2.  I have an installation that packages MSDE via the use of the MSDE merge modules.

However, I also want to give the user the option of *not* installing MSDE (they may already have SQL Server, for example).

When the user deselects MSDE (does not want it installed), the installation completes ok.  But, under certain situations, the uninstall will give a fatal error.  The log file complains that the package is not installed, when it clearly is.  Removing the merge modules causes it to work.

This is weird mainly because it's when the user doesn't select MSDE.  It also seems to be when you install (possibly after the install is cancelled) and then you uninstall, install again, and attempt to uninstall again.  Sometimes it's the second time, sometimes I've installed and uninstalled 3 or 4 times in a row without error.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

John

fish

fish
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 10:03

Hi, again

I managed to download MSDE SP2 with new merge modules, but I now get an error complaining that IE 5 is not installed.  I have IE 6 on the machine, and I have also tried it with IE 5.5, with the same message every time.

Has anyone else encountered these problems?  And does anyone know how to fix them?

Thanks in advance

John