This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

avaoiding reboot needed after uninstallation?

7 replies to this topic

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 21:53

Hi,

I have a package that will uninstall the driver/utility if I go thru the Add/Remove Programs section. But, I have an "Uninstall" shotcut in the Programs/MyTool folder. If i select this, it does all the regular unintallation tasks, but finally pops up "do you want to reboot now"?

I am not using SdFinishReboot() function anywhere in the code. How can this happen?

TIA
Best Regards,
Harish

Edited by harishv, 30 September 2003 - 21:54.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 23:09

And your shortcut launches the uninstall with the exact same parameters as the Add/Remove Programs entry?

To check, look at the registry entry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<YourSetupGUID>\UninstallString.
user posted image

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 23:26

the link for the shortcut is c:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\<GUID>\setup.exe. If I run it from here, I get the SdFinishReboot() dialog & the message says that INSTALLATION is complete. Its weird that it takes the install path in the code instead of the uninstall path.

Also, if i run setup.exe from the place where i first ran to install the package (c:\test), that will start the uninstall process & that goes thru smoothly as well. Yes, If i use the "Add/Remove Programs" option (in Control Panel that uses the same c:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\<GUID>\setup.exe), that goes thru neatly also.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 23:29

There's no addiitional paramaters being applied to setup.exe in either case? 'cause there should be something.

Also, are you using Maintenace mode to do the Remove All?

Edited by Taco Bell, 30 September 2003 - 23:31.

user posted image

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 23:44

oh, i got what you're saying, i saw the registry key & i am not using the complete parm. i am just calling setup.exe but there is whole lot of params beofe that, like..

rundll32 c:\progra~1\... ctor.dll, LaunchSetup "c:\progra~1\...setup.exe"

i am using DISK1TARGET to get the complete path of my setup.exe (that includes the GUID). is there any system variable just to get the GUID since i need this to get into the UninstallString in the registry?

thanx a lot..

HV

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 00:06

Well actually I was referring to the stuff following setup and not preceeding it.

Yes, there is a built-in system variable for your setup GUID though. It's called PRODUCT_GUID.
user posted image

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:48

oh, ok.. anyway, i used the complete path & i think it fixed the issue.

thanx for pointing me to the right reg-key.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 02:36

Great, glad to hear it man.
user posted image