This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Forcing a repair after a modify in maintenance

1 reply to this topic

jramsland

jramsland
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 20:48

When doing a modify in the maintenance mode of InstallShield 6.x, it only updates the new components that were selected.  I would like my users to be able to add through the modify and not only do I want them to have it install the new components but I would also like the installer to repair/update any existing components.

The situation I fear happening is that the user installs components (A) & © using version 1

(A) shares a file with component (B).  In the next release of the product this shared file is updated.  The user goes to maintenance mode and chooses to add component (B) version 2.   However the version 1 of (A) can't handle the shared file that version 2 of (B) needs.

In order to get around that I'd like my modify to update all installed components as well install the new component so that (A) is updated to the version that can use the new shared file.

I'm wondering is if there is a way to force the repair after the modify takes place.  If that is not possible is there a solution that I'm just overlooking for this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

-Justin

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 22:21

In the IDE on the filegroups, select the overwrite property to always.  In the script ensure componentreinstall() is being called

On the one(s) that you have special circumstances for, set the overwrite property accordingly...by version then date or whatever.

Programmers have to make sure the shared file is backwards compatible.  And they also must get the numerical version stamp correct.
Lasenbby