This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unexpected advertise message during install

1 reply to this topic

rameshk01

rameshk01
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 17:53

I am getting an unexpected "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic" message during running my msi directly from the desktop.

The issue is this:

- One of the users has installed our product
- somehow the installtion is corrupt
- so, when the user tries to access the application, self-repair kicks in and the user gets the "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". (The original installer was packaged in winzip self-extractor which deletes the extracted files after the installation completes.)
- To fix the above problem I gave the user the original msi and asked the user to point to that msi when the above dialog came up.
- When the user does that, he now gets the unexpected message about the advertised application being unsafe.
- The difference between the original installer and the one I gave to the user was that the original installaer was packaged in winzip self-extractor and signed, but the one I gave to the user was just an unsigned, msi file

I thought the error about the advertised application came only during a GPO push. Why is the user getting that message when trying to run the installer from the local machine? What is causing this issue and how can I resolve it? Thanks

rameshk01

rameshk01
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:07

Any solution for this issue? If more information is needed or if I was not clear in my earlier posting, please let me know. I am hoping someone will answer soon ...

Thanks