This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Source Control doesn't work!

2 replies to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 10:57

Hi, I've added my project to source control. I wanted to see if it works, so I moved the project to some temp dir, and chose "open project from source control" in the "open..." dialog. The project was extracted from source control to its original location. This was good. But when I opened it, it was like ISDEV7 didn't even recognize that it was in a source control! The "check in/out/show diff" options were all disabled. Only the "add to source control" option was enabled. Why does it happen?

By the way, I'm using CCC/Harvest as a source control, but it may also occur with VSS. I didn't check.

RickBart

RickBart
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 19:40

I've had better luck with source control integration, but I didn't use the "open project from source control option".  Under normal use, I'd check the project in and out of source control from within InstallShield, and it would prompt me nicely if I'm attempting to perform updates when it wasn't checked out.

For the testing like you did, I went into VSS and did a "get latest version" of the project and I did NOT make the files writable.  This also worked well, and it would prompt me to check out files when I try to change something.

The one strange thing I encountered is that it doesn't handle the source control for the script file(s).  This is documented, but I don't know why IS chose this functionality.

Hope this helps.

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 06:58

Oh, getting the latest version and choosing "open from source control" is the same thing. ISDEV goes to the ssc and gets the latest files, and then you can open the project as you would normally do. My ffiles were also read-only when I opened the project. Instead of recognizing that the project was in scc, it just opened it as read-only...