This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error during MSDE 2000 installation

3 replies to this topic

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 16:11

I am using the MSDE 2000 merge modules in my setup, but i have a problem during the second installation. The problem happens when I uninstall the application and then try to install again. At the end of the second installation, an error message pops up: "Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and setup error logs for more information." This error comes during the MSDE installation.

In the log file I could see that the error occurs during the following action:
Executing "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Tools\Binn\cnfgsvr.exe -V 1 -M 1 -U sa -I "MYINSTANCE" -Q "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS""

I cannot install install anymore my application because it comes always this error message.

Does anybody know what should I do? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Ajawl

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 20:21

Looks like the problem documented here:

http://www.installsi...s_msi.htm#wimsm

in section "Setup failed to configure the server." with MSDE 2000 SP3 Merge Modules

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:05

Thank you for your help.
When I delete the folder "mssql$<instance_name>", as described in the Bugs Bulletin, then I can install again my application.

So, should I always delete this folder with a custom action when I am installing my application at the first time?
I think it is not secure. How can I make sure that this folder is not being used anymore, specially the folder "Data", which can contain user's databases?

elektrobank

elektrobank
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:42

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2003-05-28 19:21)
Looks like the problem documented here:

http://www.installsi...s_msi.htm#wimsm

in section "Setup failed to configure the server." with MSDE 2000 SP3 Merge Modules

I have been having the same exact problem but this didn't help. I wiped out the MSSQL directory and I'm still getting the error. Anything else I can try?