This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing ATL/MFC 7.1

5 replies to this topic

JRNichols

JRNichols
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:57

I am trying to install ATL/MFC 7.1 using the IS merge modules. I believe it should be installed in the WINSYS folder. However my project installs it in my app target folder. How do I install these features correctly?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:13

I believe the application folder is the right location for these files. This is the new style of installation designed to isolate applications from each other so they can use different versions of MFC easily.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

JRNichols

JRNichols
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 10:55

Is this correct? Surely it defeats the whole object af having shared DLL's. After all Microsoft install ATL/MFC in the WINSYS folder.

Edited by JRNichols, 11 June 2004 - 10:56.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 14:15

This is correct. The goal is to avoid shared DLLs where possible. The disk space requirements for duplicate DLLs is less than the trouble caused by shared DLLs ("DLL Hell")

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 15:22

This does indeed eliminate the idea behind shared DLL's, but people now have lots of disk space and hence it is considered acceptable to duplicate these runtime files for all applications. Not sure if you can statically link to these dll's to get rid of the dependency in your scenario.

Edited by Glytzhkof, 11 June 2004 - 15:34.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Silverlay

Silverlay
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:59

But i i'm for example need to install MFC 71 on computer who has no that libs, and application that i need to install need this libs exactly located in WINSYSDIR ...????

And i'm placing Destanation for MModule as [WINSYSDIR] and in installs libs to my application root ... i think that is bug, if not why we have chance to install them into [WINSYSDIR] ???

If u know how to solve this problem, please write in detailes ....
Bonum initium est dimidium facti