This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall leaves behind the folders, No files

1 reply to this topic

amrutha_hn

amrutha_hn
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:25

I have 2 products which are to be installed and should work independently, used Basic MSI project(InstallShield 2012 )

Hence I have changed the Product code, Package code , Upgrade code and all the component codes are changed between these 2  packages.

Both the packages are installed successfully. When you uninstall one of them it  leaves behind the folders. No files, just empty folders.

Then uninstall the other product, uninstall successful without any folders left behind.

The clue is that The folders it leaves behind are ones where I had chosen Dynamic File Linking and checked the 'Include Subfolders' option.

And the Folder structure is same for both the products.

Anyone faced similar issues?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 14:11

If at all possible, don't use the dynamic files option to automatically create subfolders. Instead, create components for each (sub-)folder manually and only add the files using the dynamic linking functions. Otherwise, InstallShield will automatically create components with random IDs. This will result in different components (with different IDs) for the same folder which is a problem for reference tracking.