This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature property

3 replies to this topic

dodoSturm

dodoSturm
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 16:55

Hi there,

I have a problem with features. My installer contains three features (each one installing some components) and another feature that does not install components, it just contains other three subfeatures (each one installing some other components).

In custom setup dialog I can choose for features:
- this feature will be installed on local drive
- this feature and all subfeatures will be installed on local drive
- feature will no be available

The problem is that for the feature that does not install components and just have other three subfeatures I see two more options:
- this feature will be installed to run from network
- this feature and all features will be installed to run from network

I don't need this two options. How can I remove them?
I'm using an Basic MSI Project.

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:07

Please read here:
http://www.installsi...etupOptions.htm

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:21

I believe features without any components in them will always trigger the "run from source" option to be displayed, even if you set the Remote Installation property to "favor local".

I seem to recall that I added a dummy component to the "empty feature" and then set the Remote Installation property of this component to favor local and this made the "run from source" option disappear.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:22

I forgot to mention that you should set this component to have a HKCU keypath rather than installing "dummy files" or leave the component empty.

P.S: This "fast reply" option rules.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul