This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Attach DataBase through InstallScript

3 replies to this topic

Kannan

Kannan
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 06:37

Hi All
I am using ISWI 2.01. I want to Attach a Databse through Installscript using Custom Action.My setup initially will install the Data files related to a DB(SQL Server).
then i want to Attach a DB related to those datafiles.Is anybody having a script for this.
i have a VB script but it is giving lot of problems.So if anybody tried this earlier pl. help me.

Augusto

Augusto
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 09:31

In the "Custom Action" section of this site, you can find an AttachDB.zip file to do exactly that you want to achieve.

Tsetso

Tsetso
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2001 - 11:39

Hi all,

does somebody knows how can I do the same ( attach DB to SQL server ), using IS Developer 7.0

Brent

Brent
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 20:18

I have tried to use the AttachDB script but it runs before MSDE 1.0 gets installed and fails because it cannot find the server.  It then seems to cause MSDE to not install.  The status shows MSDE installing...please wait right before displaying the error message box about the missing server.  I added the custom action right before InstallFinalize. Stored in Binary table and marked for immediate execution.

How do I get it to wait until MSDE1.0 is installed and started?

Newbie using ISDev 7.01

TIA, Brent