This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

setup.ini data with msi

1 reply to this topic

mounty

mounty
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 04:54

Hello,
I am trying to installing office using the MSI, and transform using AD GPO deployment. When running the setup.exe I altered the setup.ini to run silently and populate the Username etc. How do you do this when running adding the MSI and MST to a GPO. I can't see any options that give the same results or a way of adding switches to the MSI (/q etc)

Any help very appreciated

Lee blink.gif

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 08:44

The official method is creating a transform that modifies the package, so the right features etc. are installed. This implies that you have to create a program that allows administrators to create such transforms. I thought that Office uses this line (maybe in the Office Resource Kit).

I used a different approach, using Administrative installation. My admin sequence show a number of dialogs (eg. asking license keys, feature selections, etc.), all the answers are stored in properties. These properties are mentioned the "AdminProperties" property. When the real installation comes, detect whether the MSI is a normal (shipping) MSI, or the result of an admin setup. In the last case, use the properties set during the admin sequence.

Hope this helps.