This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Bind ftp-files-download to a progress bar (howto?)

1 reply to this topic

gronchi

gronchi
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 16:45

Hi to all,
I have a setup which can connect to an Ftp server and download some files during the installation process.
All this hidden to the user.
The download phase can take several minutes (also depending on network conditions).
What can I show to the user during all this time?

I should like to show a progress indicator dialog box , growing with the real percentage of the downloaded files. Or something similar.
Is this possible?

Thanks.
Ciao, Giuseppe

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 20:57

Since no one's replied I'll let you know that, for starters, you can just post messages while the files are being downloaded.

Code Sample
NumToStr (szFileCount, nFileCount);
NumToStr (szFileMax, nFileMax);
szMsg = "Downloading file "+szFileCount+" of "+szFileMax+" ("+szFile+"), please wait ...";
SdShowMsg(szMsg,TRUE);
// download the current file
SdShowMsg(FALSE);

However, if you really want a progress bar and have the necessary information (i.e. current download size vs total download size) you should be to just use the one normally reserved for file transfer to suite your needs.  Just call SetStatusWindow (nPercent, szString) with varying percentages and descriptions along the way.

user posted image