This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallScriptDotNetObject install fails

1 reply to this topic

Maharani

Maharani
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 13:59

I need to install the InstallScript .NET object.

However, when I run
installshieldinstallscriptdotnetobject.exe
I get an error message that I can't access the device, path or file because I possibly don't have the required access rights.
Strange enough I could run all the other object installs (installshieldinstallscriptobjects.exe and installshieldmsiobjects.exe) from the same location without problems. I'm logged in as administrator, of course. I checked access rights, full access is granted. blink.gif
The system we run InstallShield 2008 on is Windows Server 2003 R2, Standard Edition, Service Pack2.

What puzzles me is when I try to run the setup on another machine (Windows XP) it starts okay, just that this is of no use for me as IS is not installed on that computer.

So I guess that the .NET object setup requires folder or data or maybe registry entries from somewhere I don't have access rights. Can anybody give me hint what the .NET object setup requires apart from IS 2008?

I really need to install these objects.

Thanks for any hint.
Rita

Maharani

Maharani
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:30

After fiddling around with ProcessMonitor not getting any wiser I tried to run the exe from the command line which unexpectedly worked for inexplicable reasons. cool.gif

It's a magic world.

Rita