This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1605 occours

4 replies to this topic

sharel0ck

sharel0ck
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 00:37

Hi guys!

I have the following problem:
I deinstalled a program and tried to reinstall it, but the deinstallation seems to have left a registry-entry which indicates that the program is still installed. If i now start the installation, the setup-program asks me if i want to repair the installation or delete it (in fact all files are already removed from the harddisk and also most of the registry-entries are deleted). If i choose one of the options always the error 1605 occours, wich means translated something like "This action is only allowed for products that are currently installed". (I use a german version).

Now my question: is it possible to find out which registry-entries are being checked by the installation-program when it starts, so that i can delete it? I already used the program RegMon, but there were so much log-entries that I couldn't find out the right one.

thx for your help in advance,
sharel0ck

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 05:31

try finding the Msicleanup utility that Microsoft provides and this should help nuke your system :-)

You can manually hack the registry, but that is not advised if you do not know what you are doing.

raptown

raptown
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:29

Hello there! That works fine for office, but what can I do if the application doesn´t show in the list of that clean up utility? The prog is Mobile Phone Manager from siemens...I deleted manually (even the keys) but still gives me error 1605 when I try to make a new install or delete or modify...Please, I tried nearly everything!

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:08

Did the Microsoft tool work?

Which tools was it? try finding msizap.exe (in the SDK) this should help

raptown

raptown
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:00

Thanx Luke, I deleted ALL keys from the registry. The microsoft cleaner couldn´t fix it.