This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Warning 1909 when creating shortcuts

Best Answer Stefan Krueger , 23 February 2015 - 17:39

Try Process Monitor from https://technet.micr...ernals/bb896645. It should tell you if there's a permission problem or any other problem.

Go to the full post

2 replies to this topic

AlexPilon

AlexPilon
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 22:22

Hi everyone,

Been having a dumb problem today...I setup some shortcuts in my Basic MSI installation package, and I've been getting this error message every single time I try to install said package: "Warning 1909. Could not create shortcut serveur.lnk. Verify that the destination folder exists and that you can access it."

One shortcut is to be placed in the Startup folder, 1 in the Start Menu under Gestion CMEQ, and the other 4 in Start Menu\Gestion CMEQ\Service.

The shortcut that is to be created in Startup is an exact copy of the one being created on the Desktop, and it works fine.

I've searched a bit on the web and the only thing that I found was some people had a lack of rights in the Start Menu folder. I've looked it up, and both my test virtual machines have SYSTEM and my current user's full control rights, yet, still not working. 

Could someone help me with that ? Been kinda lost here hehe Thanks in advance! :)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 17:39   Best Answer

Try Process Monitor from https://technet.micr...ernals/bb896645. It should tell you if there's a permission problem or any other problem.

AlexPilon

AlexPilon
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 21:31

Well, that was a stupid mistake! -_-

Out of all my 7 shortcuts, only one of them had a closing quotation mark at the end of the file path, therefore, giving me errors on the other 6 because it was trying to populate the path as "C:\Program Files (X86)\SQL Anywhere 11\BIN32\dbsrv11.exe *insert arguments here*, therefore "including" the arguments in the file path...yep, that was a dumb mistake hehe

But thanks, and the Process Monitor actually drove me in the right direction! :)