This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

path to installed error during minor upgrade

3 replies to this topic

xiaoshui0808

xiaoshui0808
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:03

I have a problem when I excuted the minor upgrade of the earlier version with the new version.

I installed the 1.0 verison of Installer, I changed the install path to "d:\\Test",

then I excuted the minor upgrade with the 2.0 verison of installer, but the INSTALLDIR is the default directory of "c:\\programfiles\{companyname}\{applicationname}", was not the installed path "d:\\Test",

how can I get the installed path "d:\\Test"?

I cann't find the way to get the installed path , please tell me , thank you very much!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:35

Are you installing any components directly in INSTALLDIR?
Property values are not persisted autoimatically, but it should be written to the uninstall registry key where you could pick it up using System Search.

xiaoshui0808

xiaoshui0808
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:54

thank you very much for your reply.

I used installshield 2008, Property values are also not persisted autoimatically in installshield 2008?

during minor upgrade ,i use INSTALLDIR to create the shortcut on desktop and start\all programs shortcut, I check the shortcut's property, the path is c:\\programfiles\{companyname}\{applicationname}, was not "d:\\Test" .

->but it should be written to the uninstall registry key where you could pick it up using System Search.

Is the INSTALLDIR's value in uninstall's installlocation register key?

Edited by xiaoshui0808, 06 December 2010 - 02:21.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 14:44

Is the INSTALLDIR's value in uninstall's installlocation register key?
Yes