On June 6th, 2011 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 8.2 release takes the pain out of creating SharePoint Solution installers. A handy wizard will import your solution and will produce a standard, compliant MSI installer.
Ease administrators' life with out-of-the-box package definition file creation for SCCM deployment, both for MSI and EXE installers.
Building installers for Adobe plugins, ASP.NET or VB6 applications is now even easier with included wizards and project importers.
Other improvements in this version:
- SharePoint Solution Project Wizard
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) deployment support
- ASP.NET Project Wizard
- Import Visual Basic 6.0 projects
- Adobe Product Plug-In Project Wizard
- Digital Signatures support for Visual Studio Extensions
- New Air theme with Glass effect
- Preview for inactive themes
- Image button control in enhanced UI
- Project notifications
- Log parsing for summarizing and syntax highlighting
- Support files larger than 2GB
- Predefined folders for "Printer Shortcuts", "Recent Items" and "Network Shortcuts" locations
- Ability to download latest product version before starting install
- Predefined prerequisite and launch condition for SQL Server Compact 4.0
- Tomcat 7 Support
- Predefined search for IIS root location
- Predefined searches for .NET Framework 4.0 "regasm.exe" and "aspnet_regiis.exe" files
- Predefined launch condition which prevents running on virtual machines
- "Add/Remove Network Location" predefined custom actions
- LZMA2 compression support
(Text by Caphyon Ltd.)
Advanced Installer (full versions, upgrades and maintenance extensions) are available via the InstallSite Shop at http://www.installsi...edinstaller.htm