This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup disappears after initializing

4 replies to this topic

Point

Point
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 18:59

Hi,

I have some products in Install Shield 11, and for some reason, on a client, all installshield setups decided not to work.

On uninstall, install, both on control panel and on disk, the user executes the setup until "Preparing the installshield wizard". Then the setup disappears without an error.

I've tried some solutions, like:
- Execute as Administrator
- Renaming C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield
- Cleaning temp folder.

I've tried to execute InstallShieldEngineUpdate1100.exe, but it also disappears without a trace.

I have no ideas for what is happening dry.gif

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 17:57

Could be a problem with too long path to temp folder maybe.
Or it cleans up to early. There are command line parameters to control this, like clone_wait, but I'm not sure if they exited in version 11.

Point

Point
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:46

Hi,

I read about that on internet, but since it worked before but now it doesn't, and the temp folder is the same... But i tried that too, it doesn't work.

It's not a script problem, since it worked great before.

Something triggered that. The initialization process reaches 100%(it seems) and then exits.

I guess the installshield engine is damaged.
Maybe the initialization process doesn't finish correctly, so it doesn't fully install. And since the engine is installed on the initialization process...

But i can't fix it, since the setup of the engine exits too. (the irony sad.gif )

All MSI Setups work well..

Point

Point
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 13:18

The problem resided on an activation of DEP ( Always ON). It prevented the launching of Installshield Setups. After disabling it for programs, everything worked well.

Hope it helps someone with the same problems.

phood

phood
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 18:49

I had a similar problem when the installer was executing an external COTS msi installation. The COTS installation would fail because it did something the DEP didn't like.

I ended up adding an exception to the DEP for the msiexec executable. This is done by adding the msiexec path to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers subkey. There is also a user interface for adding exceptions.