This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallScript problem??? Failed to extract setup.i

3 replies to this topic

Lou_III

Lou_III
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 21:00

Hello:

I added a small InstallScript to my Installation using InstallShield 11 but now I get the following error when I try to run the installation.

MSI © (6C!E4) [15:46:25:176]: Creating MSIHANDLE (10) of type 790531 for thread 6628
1: Failed to extract setup.inx, error is 259

What does this mean and how can I get around the problem?

I apologize in advance if this is posted to the wrong forum. Thank you for any help.

Lou III

Edited by Lou_III, 13 October 2005 - 21:03.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:02

Did your InstallScript compile without errors? Looks like InstallShield didn't include the compiled script (.inx) in your package (which it should do automatically).

Lou_III

Lou_III
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 15:48

Thanks for the tip. I knew it compiled without errors but I forgot that our build computer takes the msi and copies it to another directory and it builds the install there. Once I copied the "Script Files" directory over it all worked. Is there any way to force the scripts to be built from a command line? (It seems insane that they don't get built everytime automatically but I'm sure there is some reason for this that I don't understand.)

As an aside, if a merge module is missing I have not found a way to Stop the installation from building. mad.gif It just goes ahead and makes an install exe with missing stuff, any way to stop this from occuring?

Cheers,
Lou III

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:04

I think there's also a command line compiler.