This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

AcrobatDistiller Printer Driver Dilemma

2 replies to this topic

beardland

beardland
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 12:46

I've created the package in wise 3.5 - everything seems to work perfectly. Except one thing. The distiller printer driver. You see, when I'm trying to convert a document in word to pdf, the distiller fails to complete the operation. When the document is sent to the distiller, I get an error message. I know why, it's because the port settings aren't right. You're supposed to have a pdf port called c:\documents and setting\all users\desktop\*.pdf or whatever, but this isn't an option when I select  "properties\ports" on my distiller printer. And I can only add local or tcp/ip printers. I should be able to create a pdfport as well.

If anyone has encountered this problem or anything similar, please let me know if you have any solution(s) to this predicament...

thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 15:05

Not a problem with the user interface of your setup I suppose. Please avoid cross posting. Replies should go to thread Custom Action Advice Needed in the Custom Actions forum.