This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patches and Orca 3.0

2 replies to this topic

cicyle

cicyle
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 18:29

Hello,

I have built several small 3.0 patches in order to test the new features. I can apply & uninstall them with XP SP2 but whenever I try "view patch" with orca 3.0 on top of the target image, I get a message box saying "The patch does not apply to the current package", and no changes are applied to the DB.

All these patches can be displayed on top of their target images through orca 2.0.

Has anybody faced the same problem, or does anyone know how to get further error information from Orca?

Thanks a lot

Cécile

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:32

Orca 2 doesn't know about the patch family id and the like (and therefore ignores them). Maybe that's the reason you don't get the message in Orca 2. Double check this data.

cicyle

cicyle
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:53

Thanks for replying. I actually have a slight doubt about the data I entered into the PatchSequence table of my pcp, since it isn't documented (I don't know why, by the way): like in the sample.pcp provided with msimsp.exe, I entered an id (releasefamily) on the PatchFamily column and version 1.0.0.0 on the sequence table, leaving the Target and supersede fields empty. I also tried to fill Target with the ProductCode and Supersede with 0, with no more success.

I don't know if the problem comes from Orca or msimsp (which version hasn't been incremented since SDK 2.0, although PatchWiz.dll has changed).

I am the only one who has encountered problems with WI 3.0 patches?