This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

install interrupted

3 replies to this topic

burked144

burked144
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2001 - 12:34

I'm creating a setup that has some custom actions in the UI as well as the execute sequences.  When I try to run the install, it gets to where it says "creating scripts..." and then I get the error dialog telling me the install was interrupted.  I'm not getting any sort of error dialog that tells me what went wrong.  How can I find out where the problem is?

thanks,

d

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 April 2001 - 20:09

I guess some of your custom actions returned something different than ERROR_SUCCESS

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 00:37

Try making a series of Type 38 Custom Actions and use msgbox "<some message>" as your Target.  Then insert a message that will make sense to you, and insert one the message CA's into your UI sequence just prior to each of your regular CA's.  This should give you a series of boxes you will have to close manually, and the last one will be the one just prior to the action that is failing.

I have used this a number of times, so let me know if you need some coaching.