This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Incompatibility with IS9 and IS11

2 replies to this topic

Burhan

Burhan
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:53

Hello,

We use InstallShield 9 and 11. We have basic MSI projects.
Now we have the following problem:
In a custom dialog we have events "DoAction" and "NewDialog". The "DoAction" event is fired when

you click on the "Next" Button. In the "DoAction" event a custom action in installscript is

executed which checks a password. The dialog should only continue when the password is correct.

The return value of the checking of the password is stored in a public property which is set as

condition for the other dialog.
The problem is the order of the "DoAction" event.
We have experienced that the "DoAction" Event must be at the first position of the Event table.

But this experience is only valid for InstallShield 11. When we make the same thing with

InstallShield 9 the "DoAction" Event MUST be at the last position of the event table.
This is very confusing for us.
Why is the behaviour of IS11 and IS9 different ???
What is when i convert a IS9 project to IS11 ?
Then i am forced to change the order of the "DoAction" Event in my new project.
This cannot be the solution!!!
Please contact us to resolve our problem.
Many thanks in advance.

Burhan Yakisir.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:10

Please go to the DirectEditor and select the ControlEvent table. Find your DoAction event and note the Order number. Compare this in the two versions of InstallShield. Maybe different positions in the Dialog Editor view result in the same order number (i.e. identical behaviour). In this case it may just be a matter of display in the IDE.
What happens if you open (a copy of) the IS9 project in IS 11? Does the event get moved to the correct position automatically?

Burhan

Burhan
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:18

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2006-10-06 12:10)
Please go to the DirectEditor and select the ControlEvent table. Find your DoAction event and note the Order number. Compare this in the two versions of InstallShield. Maybe different positions in the Dialog Editor view result in the same order number (i.e. identical behaviour). In this case it may just be a matter of display in the IDE.
What happens if you open (a copy of) the IS9 project in IS 11? Does the event get moved to the correct position automatically?

Hi,
thank you for your answer.
I have controlled the ControlEvent table. I saw, that in IS9 the "DoAction" events do not have an order number, it was blank!
When i now go to the dialog to proof the next Button, then IS9 now writes the order number to the table.
So now it is the same to IS11, the DoActionEvent must be at first position like in IS11. I think it is a bug in IS9 that it has not written the order number to the table when i first created the event.
But another question:
We have also experinced, that the newdialog events are handled from bottom to up (in the IDE)
Is this correct ?
We have several conditions on the newdialog events in order to show several dialogs, and there we have found out, that the NEwDialogs must be listed from bottom to up. But in the ControlEvent table the order is e.g. 5 for the last NewDialog event and 1 for the first NewDialog event. But we think that is handled vice versa.
Please help us to resolve our problems.
Many thanks in advance.
Burhan.