This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

examples for "condition" in sequence

1 reply to this topic

klee777

klee777
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 15:01

Hi, I am a newbie in Basic MSI although I worked a lot on InstallShield scripts.
I am quite frustrated that some simple statement that I could easily accomplish in Install script can't be done. Especially when I need to set the condition to perform, I can't find any reference how to assign the condition that I want.

For example,
the condition for "MaintenanceWelcome" in sequence is
"Installed And Not RESUME And Not Preselected And Not PATCH"
by default.
Obviously all those words are understood by MSI and I can't find whatelse I can use in condition statement.

One simple case I'd like to set is
Suppose I want to find a reg key, e.g.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\KYLE
@="Kyle"

if( "KYLE" key doesn't exist )then
Install my_file;
Create "KYLE" regkey;
else
abort;
endif;

Can anyone tell me how to find those information? Any book? Any website?

TIA
- Kyle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 20:20

These recognized words are properties (similar to varialbles in script) some of which are pre-defined, but you can also set your own. Now what you need to do: Go to System Search view to create a search for that registry entry. Store the result in a property (use a name in all uppercase letters to make sure it's available globally). Then use that property in the condition for your action. Note that System Search is performed by the AppSearch action, so your property will not be set before that action.