This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall with same GUID

3 replies to this topic

unigeek

unigeek
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 19:04

Hello everyone.
I am using Installsheild 11 (Installscript), and still trying to learn how to update a product. The documentation really is bad on their site. Here is what I want to do, and if this is the wrong way, please correct me.

1) I created an installscript project that installs some files.
2) Now, I have a new version of these files that I want to install. However I don't know how to update the files that are there. What I really want to do is copy a couple of the files that are there (and add them to the new files that I am trying to deploy), then remove all the old stuff, and finally install the new files.

I found the uninstall_string, but when I go to run it from the new installer it says you can't run two installers at the same time, I hit ok, it then comes up with the modify/repair/remove dialog, and lets me uninstall the old one, but not install the new one. I really want to uninstall to be silent and the new stuff just install (using information from the previous install).

I know this is basic stuff, but I have not found a solution on how to remove something and install the new product (espically when it has the same GUID).

Maybe someone could point out a good tutorial on how to do Installscript 11 updates? I am a newbie to this.

I appreciate the help.

unigeek

unigeek
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:03

I think I figured part of this out. I reread the help file (Installshield) and noticed how to upgrade an Installscript project, however I think lots of peices are missing. Things like what order functions are called, why there is no dialogs during upgrading (I assume because of function order being called). Either way, I got want I wanted, I still fell like I am missing basic knowledge though with Installscript.

maddy

maddy
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 18:42

unigeek 

Can you point me to some direction? I am also trying the same thing and me too newbie to this. Please help.

MarkEarle

MarkEarle
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 17:07

unigeek

Can you point me to some direction? I am also trying the same thing and me too newbie to this. Please help.

unigeek, 

Is this still an issue? What have you tried and what are you trying to do?

ME

Mark
Mitel Networks Corporation
mitel.com