This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing MDAC 2.6

2 replies to this topic

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 15:54

I have taken over a large installation program from someone and am having trouble installing MDAC 2.6.  I tried using a Merge Module but it wants to start running right when the UI starts and wants a reboot.  I really only want to reboot once, and I want to decide when.  So I read the article at installsite.org:
http://www.installsi...i/mdac_dcom.htm
I don't understand one point though:

e) Create some custome actions:

MDAC
Type 51
Source MDAC
Target [SourceDir]program files\[ProductName]\MDAC\mdac_typ.exe <-----?????

I am assuming that this mdac_typ.exe stays on the CD and runs from there.  Does this mean that on the CD the path program files\[ProductName]\MDAC\mdac_typ.exe has to exist?  I am not sure where this path name comes from.

Thank you,
Joe

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 22:19

The code is used to set a property value to the explicit path to the exe file.  In the way the procedure is written, the path does have to exist on the source media.  [ProductName] has to be defined ahead of time, and the entire path can be set to whatever you would like it to be for your installation.  Use the same exact path in the definition of the custom action.  Using [SourceDir] will ensure that the path is correct regardless of the identify of the source drive.