This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to execute a.reg file during installation?

3 replies to this topic

myinstall

myinstall
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 10:02

during the installation, I want to execute the a .exe file (for instance the Jdk1.4beta3 installation file), I don't know if it's possible.

If it's not possible, I can copy the deployed files, and execute a .reg file, but anyway I dont' know how to execute a .reg file.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 18:00

You could use the default IS "LaunchAppAndWait" function.  See the help for further details.

As for a reg. file, you're better off doing the same thing in your code using the available registry functions as opposed to trying to import a file.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 10:58

You can run the JRE installation silently, if you want to, by using the parameters "/S /A /S" with the setup program ...
If you want to include reg files into the registry without using the Registry functions, you can run "regedit /s whatever.reg", the "/s" parameter hides the regedit messagebox (do you want to ...?).

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 20:47

Better late than never, but here's the command you would reference to import such a file:

REGEDIT -s <path>\<filename.reg>

I haven't tried it myself, but hopefully it will work.
user posted image