This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to create "ModifyPath" key?

4 replies to this topic

SeanGao

SeanGao
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 00:25

Hi, Dear,

How to create "ModifyPath" key properly in InstallScript MSI project? (as I know only "UninstallString" can be created successfully in InstallScript MSI project, I don't know why)

Can anyone tell me the proper info?

Thanks in adance!

Sincerely,
Sean Gao

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 20:50

I don't understand what you mean with "ModifyPath key"? Can you please describe in more detail what you're trying to do?

SeanGao

SeanGao
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:44

Hi, Stefan Krüger,

Thanks for your reply very much!
I am using InstallShield 11 for the installation development now.

The "ModifyPath" key is from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" ^ PRODUCT_GUID
,which makes the "Modify" and "Remove" button separately in control panel.

With the Basic MSI project, this key can be created automatically by MSI. And with InstallScript Project, this key can be created via calling MaintenanceStart function in OnMoveData event handler function, too.

But, if I create InstallScript MSI project, this key can not be created automatically, I tried to create this key by calling MaintenanceStart function, but the compiler is giving me a warning like this"...The uninstallation registry key is automatically created. This function no longer needs to be called."

So my question is: How to create the uninstallation registry key "ModifyPath" properly with InstallScript MSI project?

Would you please give me some suggestion to do this correctly?

Sincerely,
Sean Gao

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:55

I guess having two separate Modify and Remove buttons in control panel is simply not possible for InstalLScript MSI projects.

SeanGao

SeanGao
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 16:04

Hi, Stefan Krüger,

I wonder why it's not possible for InstallScipt MSI project? Since both Basic MSI project and InstallScript project can do this.
Do you have any idea why this feature is disabled in InstallScript MSI project? is there any concern from designing? so we can give the formal reason to customers.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Sean Gao