This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Application specific registry key

3 replies to this topic

pcs-doa

pcs-doa
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:03

hi all,
is it possible to store registry keys in a application scope? I want to create a installer which can be installed more than one times.
If i am going to uninstall the Product i need to know something from the registry, but only from the one instance i currently uninstall not from the other instances of the installed product.

thx dops

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 17:27

The registry a machine-wide. But maybe you can use a registry key that includes an instance number or something, e.g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Your Company\YourApp-1, YourApp-2 etc.

pcs-doa

pcs-doa
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:01

This is what i exactly need but how? What are the builtin "properties" i can use to create such registry keys? I need a buildin property which represent the instance.

like:

PROPERTY_INSTANCE_NAME=1

PROPERTY_INSTANCE_NAME=2

PROPERTY_INSTANCE_NAME=3

PROPERTY_INSTANCE_NAME=4

and then i can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Your Company\[PROPERTY_INSTANCE_NAME]

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 16:40

The InstanceId property is inteded for this. See help topics "Authoring Multiple Instances with Instance Transforms" and "Naming an Instance".