This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting Text control value

3 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 21:42

I have a custom dialog box which I created in the  ISP WIE 2.0 IDE. It has several text controls on it. Since I reuse the box several times in the install, I need to set the text control values to different things at various points in the install.
I call MsiSetProperty(), passing the text control "Property" value as the property. When I display the dialog (via MsiDoAction), the text control still has the "initial" values set up when I created the dialog box. Am I going about this the wrong way, or is this beyond the capabilities of the product?
Thanks...

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 08:57

There are two things to note.

1.  If dialog 'One' uses NewDialog to call 'One' the dialog is not updated with new values.  Many people get around this by using an alternate dialog 'OneA' which is otherwise identical to 'One'

2.  There is no property on text controls.  This is an Installshield bug.  If you want to substitute text define the text of the control as "[MyProperty]"

I do not know if these are your problems or not.  You certainly can change text values.

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 13:57

Actually, I'm calling the dialog from an InstallScript (using DoAction). Using the property for the text vaule worked... Thanks for the tip!