This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major upgrade is not removing Add/Remove entry

3 replies to this topic

avsmpn

avsmpn
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:38

I am doing a major upgrade created using IS2009. It removes the previous installation files and also the installation is completed successfully. But the Add or remove program entry is not cleared.

Am i missing any setting or any workaround for this problem?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 15:19

This would indicate that the uninstall of the old version is not complete (did you check the log?) Or are you creating cuatom entries there?

avsmpn

avsmpn
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:50

The installation went into upgrade mode, IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE was set to "Yes" automatically. Also the new files were installed properly. Only the previous files were not removed. In the upgrade entry, i modified the product version field to "Any earlier version". After this change it is uninstalling the previous version.

But what value should i enter in the maximum version field? I need the Major upgrade to happen only from 5.2.0.x to 5.3.0.x.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 17:30

Windows INstaller doesn't care about the fourth field of the ProductVersion, so you should enter 5.2.0 there and set the *inclusive* flag in the advanced settings. Otherwise it would only upgrade versions < 5.2.0 instead of <= 5.2.0 which is what you want.