This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI installation issue on Win 2008 R2

1 reply to this topic

vijaymanral

vijaymanral
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:09

Hi,

I have a installer where i call two different MSI's in a sequence. During installation on Win 2008 R2, when the second MSI is launched, i get a popup titled "Windows Installer Coordinator" and the message is "Please wait while the application is preparing for the first use". The problem is that this popup does not go away on its own and the MSI installation is blocked. When i hit cancel on this popup, the MSI installation is stopped ie. it does not install.
I believe this is something to do with UAC since when i run the setup as "run as" administrator, the popup does not appear and the installation goes smooth. The user from which i am trying to install the setup is a local user and is part of the administrator group on the machine.

Has anyone seen this problem before? How do i get rid of the popup screen without disabling UAC and without using "run as administrator" option"?

Thanks,

Vijay

CodeOf8

CodeOf8
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 22:51

This may not really be a solution but when that message pops up maybe you can call up task manager and delete the corresponding message process? (probably some rundll) Of course this may terminate the whole installation too, but its worth a shot.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943