This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Project Corruption??

2 replies to this topic

Miquel

Miquel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 14:49

I have a project that I suppose that's corrupted. First of it all, I had a feature with some components and then I deleted it but later I wanted to add files that belonged to those components again ISWI told me that those files were existing at the project. I found it stranged but I resolved this changing the name of the components and adding the files again. But today I was writing a script in InstallShieldScript and suddenly when I was debuging it started to do strange thinks and it seems that I'm compiling is different of what I'm writing. For example, there's a line that before was a MessageBox and later I changed it for another instruction but after compile when I was debuging that line ISWI does the MessageBox and not the other instruction. It's not only that line, all the instructions run as they want. I've recompiled many times, I've uninstalled and installed again the ISWI and I've changed the script names and files but it remains doing the same. I don't know what can it be but I think it's some class of project corruption or something similar. Has anybody had that problem? What could I do? I'm using ISWI 1.52. Thank you all.

Miquel Adrover
d00p2001@yahoo.es

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 21:24

Please note that there's a difference between removing a component from a feature (which will only disconnect it, but leave it in the components view, so it can be re-connected later) and deleting a component from the project.

Regarding your debug problem: does your new script compile with no errors? (compile errors are no listed in the error/warning summary at the end of the build, you must scroll up in the log file to he part where it compiled the script)

Miquel

Miquel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 11:36

OK, thank you. The components problem was my fault , but the other one was cause because the ISWI installation was corrupted. I reinstalled windows and ISWI and then the project started to compile well.

Miquel Adrover
d00p2001@yahoo.es