This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disabling startup dialog

2 replies to this topic

Dummy

Dummy
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 15:58

Hi,

We're currently developing a set of installers which includes a main installer and several sub-installers. The sub-installers are called from the script of the main installer. ie., at run time, the main installer will enumerate and call each of the sub-installers packaged as a single self-extracting executable files in a specific directory. Since each sub-installer requires no user interaction during a successful installation, we don't want to display the startup dialog to the user. The startup dialog here is the initial dialog containing "<ProductName> Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the setup process. Please wait."

I know that in InstallShield Developer, we can do this simply by inserting a line "UI=0" under the "[startup]" section in "setup.ini". Unfortunately, this doesn't work in InstallShield Pro.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chau.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 17:21

Were the sub-installers made into a single executable by directly using InstallShield,  by using PackageForTheWebWizard, or a little of both?
user posted image

Dummy

Dummy
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 17:37

I first tried to make them single self-executables using InstallerShield media wizard. It didn't work.

I then tried to make them as CDROM images and used PackageForTheWeb to pack each of them as a single executable. In the main installer script, I call them using "LaunchAppAndWait" with "/s" option for command line arguments. The very first startup dialog showing that self-extracting is performing was suppressed. The initial dialog, the one with "Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard.... Please wait", however was still being displayed.

Chau.