This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

No MSI installation detected

1 reply to this topic

kettles

kettles
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:55

I am attempting to install the January 2000 Microsoft Platform SDK on Windows XP home edition SP1. At the outset I get the following message:

Error: system platform Windows 2000 detected, so MSI installation was not performed, however a current MSI installation was not detected. MSI is required for platform SDK setup.

Other installations I have performed have proceeded fine.

Research so far suggests that:

- MSI (aka Windows Installer) is built in to Windows XP (and I presume, into the Home Edition I use). It is not possible to download the product for XP for this reason.

- I can find references to it in the registry and msiexec.exe in windows\system32

- I tried the advice in KB article 315346 but the registry setting was there and correct; and it made no difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers

StJohn Kettle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 20:03

Is there a reason for yu to install this very old version of the SDK? Why don't you download (or order on CD) the current version?