This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IE Version?

3 replies to this topic

happytechie

happytechie
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 18:19

Hi All,

I need to discover which version of IE is installed on a NT 4 machine,  before I start checking the multitude of registry keys, and values which can be installed by IE does anyone knw an easy way or a reliable key to check.

Ta

paul

Bill K

Bill K
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 20:35

The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\IEXPLORE.EXE and the default value will point you to the file.  Then you can use the VerGetFileVersion function to get the exe version.  I have found it perfectly reliable.

Jason S

Jason S
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 23:06

Here is a link to an article by Stefan Krueger covering the detection of IE.  It also contains links to the MSDN article about version checking of IE.

http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/isnews/200105/SearchIE.htm

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 12:23

happytechie: why do you crosspost this simple question?
the problem is quickly solved with the sample mentioned by the other posters and this works for IS versions 5 and 6.
btw: why didn't you search for "how to detect ie" questions? there are some of them and there are many postings referring to the samples page ...