This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Dialog Creation

3 replies to this topic

abbyk20

abbyk20
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:22

Hi all,

Im trying to create a custom dialog, i should be using the SdShowAnyDialog but when i click the dialog view this dialog isen't there.So what i did was clone the already existing dialog and made changes to it. But now the problem im facing is that when i run my setup, i can't see that dialog.

Please help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:44

Are you actually calling a function to show your dialog? What happens (error message? setup hangs? what's the return value from the function?)

abbyk20

abbyk20
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:48

Hi,

I guess im confused as to what is happening in the dialog creation....
Could you tell me how can i make a custom dialog (new script based dialog) because the ones i tried to make din't have a script after creation...
Also, when i try to make another dialog, there is a controlid_50 and controlid_51 field whose value is the same as the previous dialog, i.e. the changes i make in one dialog are reflected in the other, i need to create many dialogs but i can't because the headings(controlid_50 and controlid_51) are the same as the previous dialog....

Also how can i link these dialogs to a checkbox, i.e. if i tick the check box and click next the dialog appears??

abbyk20

abbyk20
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:15

hi,

i figured out how to solve my problem...please ignore my earlier comment.