This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SystemFolder, TempFolder not being set

2 replies to this topic

realityworks

realityworks
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 16:17

I've got an IS11 MSI project that I've been working on here normally till the last build or so. At that point the resulting install quits creating the SystemFolder and TempFolder variables on Win2K. Does create WindowsFolder, but not these other ones.

I moved a custom action around that uses those variables but doesn't generate them is the only thing that I changed between where it was creating the variables and where it wasn't.

Any ideas of what might cause this to happen?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:47

Are you trying to use them before they are set? I think they get set during CostFinalize.

realityworks

realityworks
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 14:06

They are never being set! last version they were and I haven't changed anything to the point that they would have been set. The thing sets System64Folder but not that one.

The last one first set these during ResolveSource and then changes them as they go. This version flat doesn't set them ever.