This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

get the location of single media installer

2 replies to this topic

gaolifeng2004

gaolifeng2004
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 23:34

I know if i have my project created as the default media, the installer will contains setup.exe and a few other files including .inx file, I can use SRCDIR to figure out the path of setup.exe; however, if my project media type is single disk image, all files are zipped into one single exe file (e.g. myinstaller.exe), I tried to use SRCDIR, but it looks like at that the single image installer is unzip into a temp folder on the target machine, the path I got is the temp path on the target machine, not where the single image installer is.

is there anyway that I can find the path of this single image installer?

Thanks,

Frank

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:54

This is for windows installer projects, but it may work for you as well:http://support.insta...ticleid=Q105487

Edited by Glytzhkof, 13 July 2004 - 01:55.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:53

I think for InstallScript projects the name of the system variable is PACKAGE_LOCATION. As far as I remember this was introduced with Professional 7, so I don't think there's a way in Professional 6.