This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IE launch

7 replies to this topic

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 14:25

I wish to launch a default browser at the end of installation. I'm trying to achieve the same through custom action to execute the internet explorer binary but I have not been able to do so. Please let me know how to do the same.

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 14:35

Custom Action 50 gives the standard error 1721 which generally comes when the file is not present but the IE binary is present at that location.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 14:36

You could launch shelexec.exe (free download, note only one L) with a .htm file.

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 14:54

Is it not possible to set the executable property to a path and then launch the same using custom action 50 and 51. when I can run notepad why am i not able to run internet explorer?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 15:07

If you correctly specify the path to the IE exe (not the htm file) this should work. Double check your path. Can you post the full error message? What's in the log?

Note however that IE may not be the user's default browser, and that it's location may depend on Windows and IE version and configuration.

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 15:42

Please find the attached file. The browser is also default.

Attached Files

• Attached File  inst.log   139.46KB   467 downloads

wellwisher

wellwisher
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 18:17

Please let me know whether the log tells any information.
I found out that by invoking IE thru a batch file I was able to go to a url.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:53

Please post the settings of your NWC_Invoke_Browser custom action.
Please use ProcessMonitor to see if you are getting any errors accessing iexplore.exe