This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Can't check the "Show Readme" checkbox !!

4 replies to this topic

May

May
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 18:48

I want to use the "Show readme" check box and I setted up the reqired properties.

Now the check box and the label are displayed, but I CAN'T CHECK IT !! The checkbox is set like this: visible=true, enabled=true. As a condition is the default one.

I've tried something else: to create a new checkbox and to set visible=true, enable=true, but the same phenomenon.

This "read-only" behavior still appears if the property is 1: The checkbox is checked, but i can't uncheck it.

Please give me some work around.

Thanks,
May.

Arnaud

Arnaud
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 15:59

Hello,
just try this it works fine for me

try to add the LAUNCHREADME(default name of this checkbox)  to the property manager.

Let us know if it do the trick..

Bye.
=============

Oh, i didn't read very well, and i haven't show that you said you've already set Props...
Just forget about my answer, sorry

(Edited by Arnaud at 5:00 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

IsLearning

IsLearning
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 18:12

I am having the same problem.....my checkbox and label both show up correctly, and if I set the value of "LAUNCHREADME" to be 1 in the Property Manager, my Readme is run when I cilck "Finish", but I can never uncheck the box!  And vice versa, too...if the box is not checked by default, then it won't let me check it!

What is going on?  In the Conditions tab I tried differently than May did putting "Action: Enable Condition: Not Installed."

How can I get this box to check\uncheck appropriately?  Are we missing something?

IsLearning

IsLearning
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 19:17

Okay, May...I figured it out.....In the  Dialog Layout (which shows you what the dialog looks like), for the CheckLaunchReadMe control, I had no "Value" set......once I put a "1" in there, it worked.......so this is how to get it working:

Make the CheckLaunchReadMe Control have the following properties: "Enabled=True, Visible=True, PropertyIsInteger=True, Property=LAUNCHREADME, Value=1"  Then in the Property Manager I have set LAUNCHREADME 's value to 1.  

This is the way you get it to work if you want the checkbox checked by default...if you don't want the checkbox checked by default, set the property to "0" in the two spots, instead of "1"..should work!

Hope yours is working, too!!

Nika

Nika
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 09:00

Sorry, but how can I set the checkbox checked by default?...