This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

convert msp to quick patch project ism

3 replies to this topic

tomers

tomers
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:55

Hi,
I saw you replay here (http://forum.install...showtopic=17743) and i wanted to know what if our ism was for quick patch project ?

I need to reconstruct the ism of the msp that i have in order to build another patch based on it (not on the original msi). i have all directories and files of the lost ism but not the ism itself.
I have 11.5 version of installshield.

When i do what you wrote there i choose msp file (*.msp) and then it ask me the original msi. which msi do i need to provide him ? the original or the Delta one located on the UpdatedImage directory ?

Please help me

Tomer Saban

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:35

I don't think you can directly recover a (Quick-)Patch project. At least you will need the original .msi file to which the .msp will get applied.

tomers

tomers
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:17

Hi,
Thanks for the answer.

i have further question :

I have 12 msp's, each one of them is a quick patch project that is based on the last one. (The first one of course was based on the original MSI).

The ism file that i lost is ism for the 11th msp.
Now when i want to create a quick patch number 13, based on the 12th, i need to provide all previous 12 ism's.

What if i will create again the 11th ism (based on 10th and so on . . .) and then i will try to create my 13th MSP ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 14:15

I'm not sure. I try to avoid QuickPatches, and even more long sequences of QuickPatches.