This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallScript Custom Action after ExecuteAction

1 reply to this topic

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 11:44

Is it possible to have an InstallScript CustomAction after the ExecuteAction Action in UI sequence ? It seems to me that when coming from the Execute sequence the ISCleanUpSuccess action shuts down the InstallScript engine and one is unable to start an InstallScript CustomAction after that.
Reason for doing this: I am not allways displaying the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog. If this dialog will not be displayed another action should be executed which writes some informations into a file.

Thank You for Your help

Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 10:31

I solved this problem the following way:
The SetupComplete Dialog is only dispalyed if a special condition ist set to TRUE (e.g. DISPLAY = "TRUE")
I add a direct executed customaction after the install finalize action in the execute sequence (this means the setup has completed so far successfully), This custom action has the condition DISPLAY="FALSE" which means, it is only carried out if the SetupComplete dialog will not be displayed.

Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.