This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Existence of Software

3 replies to this topic

Jai

Jai
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 11:02

Hi all,
  I want to know if while using installshield to install my software I will be able to find if some other 3rd party software is installed in the system. ie if I can run my application only if that 3rd party software is installed. So if that 3rd party software is not present in the system, I have to prompt a message and abort the installation. Is this possible. If so, how?

Thanks & regards,
Jayashree.G.K.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 19:16

Hmm, in Developer this would be easy using the System Search view. But in Express you would have to write a VBScript or DLL as a custom action for this purpose.

Jai

Jai
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 09:29

Hi,
 Is this possible with limited version of Installshield version 2.12? Can I write the scripts or use Dll with this version?

Regards,
Jai

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 09:56

Express 2.x is a completely different product than Express 3.x.
In Express 2 you can use "Extension DLLs", but no scripts. I'm not sure but the limited edition (that comes with some Microsoft and Borland products) may not even support such DLLs.
(If you consider to upgrade from your limited edition to a full product version please note that there is currently a rebate offer. Contact me at sales@installsite.org for details)