This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Deleting PFTW temp files

5 replies to this topic

Kevinw

Kevinw
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 19:24

I have an IS install that forces a reboot when the system doesn't already have MSVCRT.dll installed.  I wrapped it up in package for the web, and now when the reboot occurs the temp files that PFTW creates don't get removed when the install is complete.  It looks as though the reboot prevents PFTW from cleaning up its files.  I can't delete them from the IS script because it's still running right up until the reboot.  Any suggestions on how I can get rid of these files?

Thanks!

Kevin

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 21:12

Which PFTW version are you using? Have you tried the latest (version 3)?
If nothing else helps you can add entries to wininit.ini (on Win9x) or call MoveFileEx API to delete the files on the next reboot.

Kevinw

Kevinw
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 16:20

I'm using version 3.0.  I'll try your suggestions.  Thanks!

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 19:31

I am having this problem too.  This is a major problem for me because our installer package is HUGE,  leaving a massive amount of temp files on the user's system.

I am going to try using PFTW 4 and I will let you know how it goes.

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 23:14

No luck   :angry:

I guess I need to do some sort of RunOnce hack and try to locate the PFTW folder within the temp folder and delete on reboot.  How do I know which folder is actually the one that contains my unpacked installer?

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 23:21

Quote (Stefan Krueger @ Aug. 01 2001,20:12)
Which PFTW version are you using? Have you tried the latest (version 3)?
If nothing else helps you can add entries to wininit.ini (on Win9x) or call MoveFileEx API to delete the files on the next reboot.

How do you use the MoveFileExe API to remove the files on reboot?