This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to force a repair?

1 reply to this topic

Petch

Petch
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:38

I have repackaged a financial application but I have one problem. There are 3 company specific files that need to be from certain date as they contain user and group information. When the application runs first time it happily overwrites these 3 files and I will have to copy them over again by using active setup so it runs on first logon for each user:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\[ProductCode]StubPath msiexec /fup [ProductCode]

My question is. Is there a way to run a script/repair that overwrites these files when the executable runs for the first time? This is just a logon screen so once that has loaded I would need to overwrite these files before logging on to the main application.

Confusing...maybe impossible. blink.gif

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 14:24

I read your post a couple of times, and unfortunately it is not clear to me what you want to do. There are 3 files that you don't want the setup to overwrite, is that the core of the problem?

Edited by Glytzhkof, 08 July 2004 - 14:25.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul